About 2023 Animation at Work
Reallusion is hosting its annual 2D competition Animation At Work from now until August 13th, 2023. Participants are encouraged to utilize Cartoon Animator 5’s realtime character creation and 2D motion capture technology to create entries in categories including Business & Commercial, Comic & Art, and Educational Animation. The total prize pool is over USD 15,000 for worldwide contestants, with multiple sponsored prizes from XP-Pen, Magix, and Affinity.
6 categories, 12 winning spots, and MORE!
The contest invites participants to animate reallife projects for business promotions, educational training materials, animated comics, YouTube videos, and more.
Read for more information on each category:
- Business & Commercial: Create an animated video commercial to promote a reallife or fictional concept, product, or service.
- Comic & Art: We invite graphic art designers who possess the ability to transform original static drawings, illustrative art, or comic images into captivating animations.
- Education: Utilize animated videos for educational purposes, including storytelling, kids’ songs, or instructional videos.
- Best Use of CTA: If you are using Cartoon Animator 5 to compete, try to incorporate secondary animations such as Spring Dynamics and Free Form Deformation.
- Best Animated Mascot: Promote your brand with your own unique character and demonstrate its animations using Cartoon Animator!
- Vertical Shorts: Create a mobile friendly vertical 2D short and upload it to YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok. Video length must be 15 seconds above.
The best chance for aspiring artists to enter the contest
Reallusion welcomes worldwide 2D artists to leverage a 2 month free software and free educational resources to participate in this event.
- Free trial: Don’t have Cartoon Animator to compete? No worries! You can always trial use it for 30 days first from our FREE Trial Page.
- Free webinars: Hosted by Reallusion’s certified trainers Mark Diaz and GarryPye. This webpage is a place where you can back up your Cartoon Animator knowledge before diving into contest entry production. Mark is the founder of 2D Animation 101 and a TED Talk speaker. Whereas Garry is Reallusion’s Community Manager for CTA and a CTA veteran. They will guide you on how to get started with Cartoon Animator and master the key skills for the contest.
About the Animation at Work Contest: register today! The Reallusion Animation At Work Contest is an event that invites EVERYONE to use their imagination to animate real-life projects like business promotions, educational training materials, how-to videos, animated comics, YouTube news videos, and more. Would-be participants can freely enter any of the four categories to compete with the 2D animation community.
About Cartoon Animator: Cartoon Animator is a 2D animation software designed for both abilities of entry and productivity. You can turn images into animated characters, control characters with your expressions, generate lip-sync animation from audio, accomplish 3D parallax scenes, produce 2D visual effects, access content resources, and wield a comprehensive Photoshop pipeline to rapidly customize characters and create content.
About the 2022 Animation At Work winners: see how we promote winners!
The “2022 Animation At Work” contest was a runaway success that consisted of 30 winning submissions, with more creativity and skill in a single contest than we have ever witnessed. Winners not only walked away with big prizes but also got the chance to be featured on the web page and become featured developers on Reallusion content stores.