Vfx company The Mill, a Technicolor Creative Studios company, has announced it’s launching a new studio in Seoul, South Korea.
- In a move described by the studio as “our next step into international expansion,” The Mill is setting up Mill Seoul in the city’s Gangnam district within walking distance from key ad agencies, production companies, and brand representatives.
- The Mill has a successful history of working with South Korean companies over the years. Recent projects include Samsung’s Gold Cannes Lion-winning “The Spider & The Window,” Hyundai’s “CES 2022” experience, and Krafton’s PUBG: Battleground video game.
- The Mill has tapped vp Tony Choi to head the new studio. Choi has 30 years of experience, and most recently ran his own full-service production company Compass.
- Executive creative director June Park will be the studio’s creative lead. His resume includes campaigns for global brands including Samsung Electronics, Hyundai Motors, Kia Motors, and Chevrolet. Before joining The Mill, June was head of the metaverse creative team at the ad agency Cheil Worldwide.
- The Mill global chief strategy officer Alex Schneider will lead development at the new studio. Prior to joining The Mill in 2021, he was global CEO of BBDO’s Wednesday Agency Group focused on fashion and luxury, and earlier, vp managing director at R/GA Portland.
- “We are proud to be launching our new studio in Seoul, which is an important milestone for our expansion into the APAC region,” Schneider said in a statement. “The Mill already has a rich history of working with major South Korean brands such as Samsung, Kia, and Hyundai, and a local studio presence will allow us to be at the heart of the local creative industry. As our 10th international studio, Mill Seoul will have direct access to over 900 of the world’s best artists and creative minds spanning across all time zones.”
- In January of this year, The Mill united with MPC Advertising (another Technicolor studio) to create one global studio network.